Son of Dracula 1943 description
Release date: 5 November 1943
Director: Robert Siodmak
Cast: Lon Chaney Jr, Louise Allbritton, Robert Paige, Evelyn Ankers, Frank Craven, J. Edward Bromberg, Samuel S. Hinds, Adeline De Walt Reynolds, George Irving, Etta McDaniel, Patrick Moriarity, Walter Sande, Sam McDaniel
Studio: Universal Pictures
Country: United States
Son of Dracula 1943 Review
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Son of Dracula 1943
- Son of Dracula 1943 shows the first man-to-bat transformation on camera. The film was also the first to have Dracula show great strength on camera.
- Filming of Son of Dracula 1943, began on 7 January 1943 and was completed on 2 February.
- Lon Chaney Jr played Count Alucard, the son of Count Dracula. His real-life father, Lon Chaney, was slated to play the original Count in the original Universal Horror Dracula 1931 but died before filming could begin.
- Count Dracula’s alias “Alucard” was used by one of the main characters in Dracula AD 1972, Johnny Alucard, played by Christopher Neame. Author Kim Newman also uses the name Johnny Alucard in his Anno Dracula book series.
- Robert Siodmak put extra effort into the Son of Dracula script, to show Universal execs he was better than the other directors. He was successful and received a seven year contract from his efforts.
Son of Dracula 1943 Trailer
Tell us what you thought of Son of Dracula 1943 in the comments section below!